- Moveset: Dian Wei
- Advanced Skill: Aggression - Triples your attack. Can stack with Attack x2.
|6||True Mad Bull||+37||+38||+42||+44||+39|
Note: The above values are averages. Some weapons found in battle may vary in upgrade stats by +/- 1. (The numbers under the stat columns indicate the upgrade slots)
|Hand Axe/Superior Axe||Strike Axe|
|Boar Axe||(True) Mad Bull|
|Hand Axe||An axe with a short handle that has been modified for battle.|
|Superior Axe||A Hand Axe that has been made heavier to cause more damage.|
|Strike Axe||An axe designed for swift movements.|
|Boar Axe||Designed for heavy strikes. It has a head of a bull on the top.|
|Mad Bull||Wielding the power of the Mad Bull, this weapon can knock away enemies nearby.|
|True Mad Bull||A great axe that is said to have been used by the legendary Dian Wei.|
|Thrust||Frontal upward slash to the right.||O||O||O|
|Pierce||Ground pound behind then infront.||O||X|
|Crescent||Quick frontal ground pound. Can hit very close enemies behind the user. C1 has a slight delay while C6 is instant.||O||X|
|Moon||360 AoE around the characters body while arching back. C1 has a slight delay while C6 is instant. Dian Wei's original C1.||O||X|
|Fan||Frontal downward slash to the right.||O||X|
|Eclipse||Hop to slam the Axe on the ground creating a shockwave.||O||O|
- Stagger - Enemy weapon gets pushed up in the air and they lean backwards. Hitting them before they can fully recover will cause them to be juggled.
- Stun - Enemy is dazed with stars over their head and unable to move. Any attack while in this state will cause them to be juggled.
- Knockback - Sends the enemy backwards away from you. Usually ending a combo.
- Knockdown - Enemy is dropped on their back when hit by this attack. They cannot counterattack.
- Launch - Knocks the enemy up in the air setting them up for a juggle.
- Rotation Lock - Inability to turn you character during the animation.
- Element - If weapon is imbued with an orb or element, the element can be activated on this attack.
- SA - Super Armor status. Cannot be flinched by normal attacks while performing this. Indicated by little swirly sparks around your body.
- "O" indicates the attack has this effect on the enemy. "X" means this attack does not have elemental activation.
- Excellent - Very effective in this mode.
- Good - Pretty effective in this mode.
- Ok - Somewhat effective in this mode.
- Bad - Not effective in this mode.
Emblem Demonstration Video
If you have a video, please post it here!
|C2||Swirling uppercut with Axe.||O||X|
|C3||Downward chops forward. Ends with a frontal slash to the left.||O(Last hit)||O(Last hit)||O(Chops)|
|C4||Throws Axe in trajectory. Can be aimed. Hits behind opponent.||O||O||O|
|C5||Swing Axe upward creating a 360 frontal tornado.||O||O|
|JN||Swipe to the left.||O||X|
|JC||An Axe slam attack.||O||X|
|D||Headbutt while sliding.||O||X|
- C# = Charge Attack, JN = Jump Normal, JC = Jump Charge, D = Dash Attack, Evo = Evolution Attack.
- C1 and C6 depend on the emblem.
- C3 gets longer with Combo upgrade. Can end C3 prematurely if you don't continue to press charge attack.
|Regular Musou||Low||No, each hit causes stun||Knockback||Walks forward performing a clothesline then an Axe swing. Ends with a 360 Axe swing.|
|True Musou||Yes||Musou with added fire damage. Ends with a quick Axe slam with an explosion effect.|
|Number of Hits(Regular/True)||??/??||??||??||??||??||??|
This table lists the musou stat and how much musou is needed to increase the number of hits in your musou. (Assuming you use the full bar when you musou.) Do note that the musou stat values here may not necessarily be the lowest threshold needed on the musou stat to increase the number of musou hits. It's just a guaranteed stat that has been tested.
Motion Damage Values
- D = Dash attack, N# = Normal attack, E# = Evolution attack, JN = Jump Normal, JC = Jump Charge, C# = Charge attack, True = True Musou.
- What do these values mean? They determine how much damage you do per swing. Refer to the Battle Mechanics page for more details.
- The N in the values represents each hit in multi-hit attacks such as jump charges, C3s, and Musous. The final number is usually the knockback finisher of the combo(if it has one).
- "Base" represents the damage value of the attack by itself. The "Combo" damage value represents the total sum if you had connected with the all previous attack strings. (So C3 combo value is the total value of N1+N2+C3 values)
- E8 always causes the enemy to be juggled often causing the E9 hit to do 50% damage. The value that is written in the table is the estimated value that E9 would cause if the enemy was not being juggled.
|Build||Tempers||Mods||Emblem 1||Emblem 6||Modes||Suggested Element||Description|
|50320||24||2 in Attack Upgrade||Thrust, Crescent||Any||Confront||Lightning||Offensive build focused on stunning and massive damage.|
|52300||24||2 in Attack Upgrade||Crescent||Any||Suppress, Showdown, Defeat, Destroy||Lightning||Used for mostly base defending in showdown and suppress. Easy to get KOs too for judgement.|
|50213||25||2 in Attack Upgrade, 1 in Max Temper||Thrust||Any||Confront||Lightning||More offensive build to kill with Aggression and the long Musou.|
|??||??||??||??||??||??||??||Insert own build here. Keep description short. Just add a new row.|
Note: Builds listed here are the number of stars you should put in each stat. The order goes: Attack, Damage, Defense, Life, Musou. So a build of "43320" means to put: 4 stars in attack, 3 stars in damage, 3 stars in Defense, 2 stars in Life, and 0 stars in Musou.
C3 is a very effective and very deadly combo, great for getting flasks to upgrade. The last hit is also quite dangerous.
|Thrust||It's high motion damage value along with elemental activation allows it to deal large damage to enemies. Especially with lightning or wind element. It is also the only emblem with elemental activation. However, if you have it on the C1 it has a large start up time.|
|Crescent||Very good for defeat as it can kill soldiers in one hit with around 2-3 attack upgrades depending on the stats of the Axe. It also drops the enemy where they are, allowing for easy flask pickup.|
Hand Axe's C3 is arguably very overpowered if you have a decent amount of Attack Tempers. The downfall is that it chops downward and won't hit the enemy if you don't aim correctly. A common tactic for Hand Axe is to use Aggression and C4 plus lightning to stun the enemy, then use Thrust on the enemy while they are stunned. The C4 of the Hand Axe is tricky, you can control it and it will look different on your screen, but on the enemies screen it will always be thrown in the default trajectory. So the enemy may be hit by it, even if they don't see it hitting them on their screen.
Use Jump Charge to cancel an enemy's moves. You can also use the Crescent emblem to do this as well.
Use the Crescent emblem on C1 and flask up attack ASAP.
Use C3 on the 1st batch of enemies you find to get 2-3 attack boosts then head to a nice thick red or yellow area and starting herding troops into mobs and C1. Run, Mob, Circle, C1 and repeat in a large circle where you're killing. While Crescent is the best "Solider farming" emblem, you don't need it. While other emblems create AoE attacks, also useful, C4 and C5 have good range if you ever need another way to get at soldiers. This weapon has a naturally wide attack range, making it useful all around. Although if given the chance you should still have Crescent as C1, because there is no denying how powerful an enemy clearer it is.
Despite the slow running speed, it does have Attack and Damage slots on 1 and 3 respectively to allow for base rushing. The C4 of the Hand Axe is also good for base defending to interrupt the attacks of enemies, especially in tower bases.
Insert any combo videos you have here.