- Moveset: Original
- Advanced Skill: Reach - Doubles attack range of weapon.
Note: The above values are averages. Some weapons found in battle may vary in upgrade stats by +/- 1. (The numbers under the stat columns indicate the upgrade slots)
|Cudgel||A wooden weapon designed for blunt and piercing attacks.|
|Deadly Cudgel||An improved version of the Cudgel, it is made from a finer wood.|
|Squall||This weapon has been painted to reduce air resistance, allowing for swift attacks.|
|Whirlwind||A cudgel with reinforced metal. It passes through targets like air.|
|Hurricane||This dangerous weapon creates gusts of wind whenever swung.|
|True Hurricane||The wind god is believed to dwell in this weapon, giving it devastating powers.|
|Thrust||Thrust Cudgel forward to shoot a wind cone.||O||O||O|
|Pierce||Small hop to strike in front and behind.||O||
|Crescent||Twirls Cudgel around head then three low forward pokes ending with a frontal swing from the right.||O(All three pokes)||O(Last hit, Strong)||X||O(All hits)||O(All hits)|
|Moon||Crouch down then jump while spinning counterclockwise three time with Cudgel outward. Hits surrounding enemy.||O||O||O|
|Fan||Hop back and slam the Cudgel on the ground in front creating an AoE.||O||O||O|
|Eclipse||Flip backwards with the Cudgel then slam it on the ground creating an AoE.||O||O||O|
- Stagger - Enemy weapon gets pushed up in the air and they lean backwards. Hitting them before they can fully recover will cause them to be juggled.
- Stun - Enemy is dazed with stars over their head and unable to move. Any attack while in this state will cause them to be juggled.
- Knockback - Sends the enemy backwards away from you. Usually ending a combo.
- Launch - Knocks the enemy up in the air setting them up for a juggle.
- Rotation Lock - Inability to turn your character during the animation.
- Element - If weapon is imbued with an orb or element, the element can be activated on this attack.
- SA - Super Armor status. Cannot be flinched by normal attacks while performing this. Indicated by little swirly sparks around your body.
- Reach - Reach advance effects the range.
- "O" indicates the attack has this effect on the enemy. "X" means this attack does not have elemental activation.
Note: These evaluations are the opinions of players here and can change from time to time.
- Excellent - Very effective in this mode.
- Good - Pretty effective in this mode.
- Ok - Somewhat effective in this mode.
- Bad - Not effective in this mode.
Emblem Demonstration Video
|C2||Swings Cudgel upwards.||O||O||O|
|C3||Jabs with the Cudgel. Continously press charge to twirl the Cudgel from left to right in a horizontal arc. Hits enemies located behind you as well.||O(Jab)||O(Twirl)||O(Last hit)||O(Twirl)||O|
|C4||Hold the Cudgel horizontal and leap forward.||O||O|
|C5||Jump and slams the Cudgel on the ground creating a circular shock. Can hit from behind.||O||O|
|JN||Swings body around with Cudgel held out.||O(Strong)||X||O|
|JC||Jump and use Cudgel in vertical to stand. Spin around kicking enemy around you.||O||X|
|D||Hold the Cudgel in vertical and kick forward.||O||X|
|Evo||N2-->N3-->C4. Great all around range.||O||X||O||O|
- C# = Charge Attack, JN = Jump Normal, JC = Jump Charge, D = Dash Attack, Evo = Evolution Attack.
- C1 and C6 depend on the emblem.
- C3 gets longer with Combo upgrade. Can end C3 prematurely if you don't continue to press charge attack.
- N4 stuns if you have not upgraded combo at all.
- N5 stuns if you have upgraded combo only once.
- N4's hit can "telescope" left or right during the attack.
|Regular Musou||Good||Yes||Strong Knockback||Runs while spinning Cudgel in a 360 vertical motion on the left and right. Ends with a frontal strike from the right. If done correctly can continuously juggle enemy until end of musou.|
|True Musou||Knockback||Musou with added fire damage. Ends with a small jump while twirling the Cudgel around, as you land an AoE tornado blast follows.|
|Number of Hits(Regular/True)||??/??||??||??||??||??||??|
This table lists the musou stat and how much musou is needed to increase the number of hits in your musou. (Assuming you use the full bar when you musou.) Do note that the musou stat values here may not necessarily be the lowest threshold needed on the musou stat to increase the number of musou hits. It's just a guaranteed stat that has been tested.
Motion Damage Values
- D = Dash attack, N# = Normal attack, E# = Evolution attack, JN = Jump Normal, JC = Jump Charge, C# = Charge attack, True = True Musou.
- What do these values mean? They determine how much damage you do per swing. Refer to the Battle Mechanics page for more details.
- The N in the values represents each hit in multi-hit attacks such as jump charges, C3s, and Musous. The final number is usually the knockback finisher of the combo(if it has one).
- "Base" represents the damage value of the attack by itself. The "Combo" damage value represents the total sum if you had connected with the all previous attack strings. (So C3 combo value is the total value of N1+N2+C3 values)
|Build||Tempers||Mods||Emblem 1||Emblem 6||Modes||Suggested Orbs||Description|
|Standard confront build. Use C2 and wind to juggle enemies.|
|43320||25||1 in Attack Upgrade, 1 in Defense Upgrade, 1 in Max Temper||Thrust, Moon, Crescent||Fan, Any||Suppress, Showdown, Destroy, Defeat||Wind||Very good for taking juggernaut and tower bases. Also good for base defending. Recommend to use with storm card/hurricane/card or damage boosting gear.|
|??||??||??||??||??||??||??||Insert your own builds here! Just add a new row! Please keep description short.|
Note: Builds listed here are the number of stars you should put in each stat. The order goes: Attack, Damage, Defense, Life, Musou. So a build of "43320" means to put: 4 stars in attack, 3 stars in damage, 3 stars in Defense, 2 stars in Life, and 0 stars in Musou.
Thrust: On C1 is very effective against players and can interrupt their combos. Also is good for suppress and confront with a wind orb. While they are busy taking the base slow them down.
Pierce: A very powerful attack, if used with a lightning/wind orb and attack x2. Can deal a lot of damage to the opponent.
Crescent: Has super armor like the C3, so it is hard for opponents to interrupt you during this.
Moon: On C1 is very good for defeat mode and can kill large group of enemies in one attack.
Fan: Very good with reach and hit can hit behind an opponents guard.
Eclipse: Also good like Fan and does good damage.
Do not flask to combo 2. As if you do, you lose the stun effect on your N4 or N5. Cudgel is one of the few weapons that has C2 elemental activation, and C2 has a good motion damage value. A common method for Cudgels is to stun with N4 and N5 attacks then do damage to the enemy using your C2 and an inferno/blitz/tornado orb.
Wind is the most preferred element to use because you can hit the enemy at least two times with C2, provided you connect with the attack, before they can air recover. You need to time your attack so that the C2 will hit them just as they are coming down. If you use a fire orb they will be able to recover after the first hit, and with a lightning orb they can recover if they are fast enough, to block in time for the second C2.
Flasking to combo 3 is viable though for filling the musou meter.
Flask Attack first, then flask combos and advanced skill after that. Get Reach as soon as possible and use your evo combo to kill large groups of soldiers all around you if you don't have Pierce on C1. Cancel before the last knockback hit on your evolution attack to that soldiers fall to the ground in front of you and you can easily pick up flasks for more Reach activation.
Another option is to rely on the combo alone. Take advantage of N4's "telescoping" attribute during combo 0 (hold in one direction to drag the blow across enemies) to get drops more quickly, and flask up to combo 3 as soon as you can. Do not get Evo or Reach. N6 is extremely effective at wiping out groups around you.
Using C3 on Juggernauts or Tower can deals lots of damage. When in Captain Base, it would be easy if you have Moon for C1. If you don't have Moon for C1, using C4 can clear the large group of soldiers too though its slower.
Insert any combo videos you have here.